Oh, a prompt I can get behind – the opposite of a bucket list, the anti-bucket list.
There are several kinds of experiences I would be happy to live without:
1. Water or snow skiing. I’ve done both before, but I don’t really want to again. Maybe cross-country skiing again would be okay but I’m not in a big hurry to find out.
2. Skydiving or sky gliding or parasailing or whatever. I might be amenable to a hot-air balloon, but otherwise, I’m not a bird; I know this. I don’t need to copy one.
3. I don’t need to learn how to fly a plane. See above.
4. I don’t need to climb Mt. Everest. I like to climb, and I would like to go to base camp, but I don’t want to try to summit Everest.
5. I don’t need to see the pyramids or sphinx or ride an elephant or hold a monkey or meet Oprah or Chuck Norris or whatevs.
I’ve done a lot of things in my life, and am about to begin some other things that I would never have imagined doing. Part of the 36/36 Challenge (36 things to do in 36 weeks) is in the spirit of a proper bucket list, and I’m preparing to write my next 52/52 Challenge – I hope you’ll join me!