Hello friends! It is with joy that I’m writing you today to inform that my newest blogging BFF has nominated me for the Liebster Award, an unofficial recognition offered among the blogging community
It is believed that the Liebster Award began 2010 in Germany, hence the German name. “Liebster” is a German word for things like favorite, sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. It was originally, according to some sources, for newer blogs with less than 3.000 followers, but has somehow morphed into those with less than 200 followers. It is meant to create new connections and an environment of a appreciation for the experience and skill of other writers around us.
And here at Creo Somnium, we love creation. 🙂
The rules of the Liebster Award are as follows:
“The nominated user must provide a link back to the person who nominated them. Then provide 11 facts about yourself. Then answer 11 questions set by the person who nominated you. Choose 11 more people, and ask them 11 questions!”
Okay! The author that nominated me is Sarah Lee Lopez and her blog is “Truth Shall Set You Free So Don’t Be A Crybaby” and it’s awesome. Go check it out and give Sarah some stats love.
My 11 facts:
1. I am scared of the dark. I’m afraid there’s a dog, a big mean dog, that’s going to be in there and bite my butt. (This happened to my mother when I was a kid, which is how that originated.)
2. I can make a three leaf clover with my tongue.
3. I do NOT do well choosing things. A favorite anything, dinner, music to play. This will be painfully evident below.
4. I love logic puzzles. I actually love most puzzles, but especially logic puzzles.
5. I love to travel solo. It’s kind of ruined now that I’m married, because if I travel anywhere without my husband, I miss him, but I still love it.
6. I don’t like live music.
7. After being around people for awhile, I need some by-myself-time.
8. I talk to myself.
9. I don’t wear corsets except at Renaissance Fairs, but I like to.
10. I like to dance and don’t do it nearly as often as I should.
11. Sometimes I have trouble moderating my volume when I get excited about something – I can be loud.
No Crybabies’ questions and my answers are listed below:
1. Why do you blog?
At first it was just a time pass. As I get more into it, I like connecting with people like I am. And I get to play with words, and I love that.
2. What’s your favorite book or movie of all time?
I have trouble picking just one of any of these. I’ll pick the top three
Books: The Chronicles of Naria (counting the whole series as one), The Hunger Games, The Alchemist
Movies: The Prestige, Warrior, Role Models
3. If you could choose anywhere in the world to live where would it be?
Again with the picking! I would be abroad. (That would encompass any number of places: beach, ruins, mountains…) Just abroad.
4. Your dream job would be..?
Part-time social work and research with writing on the side.
5. If you were given a publishing deal, what would you write a book about?
Historical fiction, a story about a privileged blind woman who gains her sight in late 1800s New York. She learns some things and goes on to help Jane Addams, the pioneer of modern social work.
6. Your favorite color?
Oh no. You can’t ask me to pick just one. Seriously, I have this thing with colors. I used to see people as different colors. Right now, I am really into bold colors in every shade except green. In green, I still like the lighter more varied shades.
7. One thing you want to do before the year ends?
Really build up my writing!
8. If you were given a billion dollars with only one day to spend it all and no sign or trace of it to be left behind, what would you?
Domestic violence agency’s coffers around the world would find themselves mysteriously brimming.
9. What’s your most and least favorite food?
Most favorite – Avacados
Least favorite – Food that bites me back
10. Your favorite cause or charity if you have one?
11. Your childhood hero?
Now! The next 11 people I nominate are as follows:
A Writer of History – Okay. To be fair, this one has 250 followers, but the award was originally for blogs with 10,000 followers or less, and this blog is pretty awesome.
Fairytale Corner – I actually don’t know how many followers she has, but it is a self-proclaimed “new blog,” and the posts reflect that. Changes are good it’s less than 200 followers.
Please Excuse My Vagina – Some good old fashioned consciousness-raising.
Politics of Equality – I like equality, and this makes me think.
Searching the Clouds – a Whovian and Disney fan. When they post, especially about Disney, I remember and learn more about a place where I have been my happiest.
Texan in Tokyo – She’s got a good writing voice and is good to read.
Up The Creek: Dawson’s Creek Reviewed – My super-formative years were during the 90’s and I love recaps, particularly of shows I know well. DC is the show I probably know best.
Working Class Perspectives – Okay, this one is a little over the limit as well with 250 followers, but I really like it. It covers issues of class (in the United States). I don’t always agree, but they cite their sources and bring up topics I agree are important. I think class is a bigger feature of US society than currently acknowledged.
lovely rants – More consciousness-raising and a beautiful header image
I, Myself, am Strange and unusual – I love looking at their art prints.
365 Days of Purpleness – Pretty photos celebrating, you guessed it, purple.
Okay guys! My questions for you are a little different than the ones I answered:
1. Why do you blog?
2. What do you hope will come from your blog?
3. What’s your favorite book or movie of all time?
4. What is the most amazing thing you have seen SO FAR in your travels?
5. Your dream job would be..?
6. If you were given a publishing deal, what would you write a book about?
7. If you didn’t write about what you write about, what would you write about? (Hee – does that make sense? What would your blog be about if you had to pick a different topic?)
8. One thing you want to do before the year ends?
9. If you were given a billion dollars with only one day to spend it all and no sign or trace of it to be left behind, what would you?
10. What was your favorite thing to do as a child?
11. Do you still do it?
5 thoughts on “Pay it Forward – Liebster Award”
Haha once again I giggled all the way through reading a post of yours! Hence why I totally thought of you first for this! Your open creativeness has reminded me of mine and helped me generate some new creativity as well as convinced me I can do it and hey us social justice fighters have got to stick together! I hope you get some well deserved attention and blog love from this experience 🙂
Yay! That makes me so happy, Sarah, that you got inspired a bit! I love it! Thanks for the opportunity and the award!
And you know, I never told you this, but when I first open up your blog page, I forget the full name and think it’s that Gloria Steinem quote: “The truth shall set you free but first it will piss you off.”
Haha I should fix my static post at the top to show the name. The layout I have only puts the blog’s name in the little left hand frame.
But I like the quote you think it was that one works too LOL 🙂