Today’s post is brought to you courtesy of a prompt by Mama Kat, who is losing it, apparently.
5 Things About Me
- I don’t like mushrooms
- I have double vision.
- When I’m thinking, I click my teeth together in different ways and different angles, just to feel it.
- I wish I had something I collected.
- I love school and would be there all the time if I could.
5 Things I’m Knowledgeable About
- I know how to debone a chicken, like, get the meat of the bones. I did it for KFC and that knowledge never goes away.
- Cigars. I don’t know everything, but I can hold my own in a walk-in humidor and even teach other people.
- Traveling solo (traveling at all, actually).
- Certain nerd fandoms: Whovian, Potterhead, Rennie, a few other oddities here and there.
- Making up songs.
5 Things I Know Nothing About
- I’m not really a good cook.
- Driving a stick shift.
- Caring for a horse.
- Cleaning a fish.
5 Things I Believe
- We are much much stronger than we think we are. We can do almost anything we want if we work and sacrifice hard enough for it. That doesn’t mean we should.
- Though I’m sure there are some exceptions, people are fundamentally good and loving.
- As evidenced by this list, speaking in absolutes is rarely a good idea.
- Your instincts are wise, and since they’re yours, they’re part of your personal wisdom. Trust them. In all things.
- Where there is love, God is.
The prompt originally had these four categories, which seems a little unbalanced, since it was about “five things.” So to restore order to my universe, I’m inserting a fifth list.
5 Top Memories
- The first time I saw Cohiba after 13 years.
- The smile Wee One gave me the first time we woke up together sharing the same bed.
- When I got off the train in Oxford, completely untethered.
- When I went back to school after the accident, the day I moved back into the dorm.
- Reading Harry Potter 3 & 4 on a beach in Montego Bay, smoking cigars and drinking Red Stripe.
What about you guys?? Let me know in the comments or link up to this post!