I have been lax on these goals, some of them. But, in my mind, the year is still young, and these things can still be done. Most of them. >wink<
- Write two articles a month – maybe 4, so one a week. Oh no. I think I’ve written almost four articles so far this year, though.
- Read two books a month. (That doesn’t seem like much, but sometimes it feels like a lot.) I even put his in the Goodreads reading challenge. Alas, I have only read 4 of 24 books so far, and some of them are parenting books. However, I’m in the middle of several more, and I think I’ll get close.
- Get pregnant. This is the, I think, third year this goal has been on the list, sadly. Turns out this actually has a name: Secondary Infertility. I obviously don’t write about the trying part, but I might write about the fertility specialist part, because I’m going to see one in a few weeks.) Okay, working on this part.
- Take a vacation. And not to St. Louis. Ooh! Seattle! I did it!
- Send at least two stories to publication/contest. Not yet.
- Do something awesome for my 40th birthday. Now this, I did. I went back to Seattle for my very first girlfriend’s getaway. I spent the weekend on Whidby Island, and then found my flight home delayed – I “had” to stay another night. Huzzah!
- Buy a new (to me) car. You guys, I got a minivan. Like a soccer mom. I totally didn’t want to get one of these, but Cohiba really wanted one and, to quiet him, I tried a few, and found I did like one. Not enough to get it, though, until I saw WO scrambling around in my neighbor’s van, and she was so cute in there. And I’ll admit, I love being able to open the door with my key fob.
- Finish my big story. (From my Bucket List Bounty) Not yet. And I’m actually thinking I’ll make this one a shorter story to use for #5.
- See five movies in a theater. (I don’t go to the movies often, but I like it when I’m there.) None yet. Not even one. I thought I would go see The Greatest Showman, ’cause I have long loved me some Hugh Jackman, but no.
- Take a weekend trip with family, Cohiba and Wee One. I’m looking up places right now.
How is your year so far?