How did the goals I set for 2019 go?
This color means it’s done
This color means it’s in progress.
- Finish my *special* post. I’m not going to tell you what it is, but I’m excited about it and have been working on it for about a year. I want to finish it before my next birthday, so I need to work quickly. Obviously, I haven’t finished this one yet. I’ll tell you when I do.
Read War and Peace. That’s one of those books that is like, an achievement to finish. It’s long, its Russian, and I’ve started it a few times and think it might keep my interest, I just need to commit to it.No. Maybe if I listen to it.
- Do Goodreads reading challenge. Last year, I said I wanted to read 24 books, and I did it! This year, I’m going to try for 36 and quit dicking around on the interwebz. You guys! I did it! I even got as high as 48 books! I couldn’t believe it, and it felt so good. I read some really awesome books, and forgot how much I love getting into a book. So maybe War and Peace needs to be one of those books.
- Get a birdhouse. (For my soul, heh.) One of our neighbor’s has one and Wee One loves to peek in there. We should have one, too. We got on, and it was up in our tree and I think a little bird family was building in there. But a strong wind blew it down and no bird family ever came back to it. Over the fall, it has started to fall apart, but Wee One and I think we’ll find a way to fix it and put it up again. Although, question, since our human hands have touched it, will they approach it? Or will the smell keep them away?
- Get Wee One outside every day. (Except when we’re sick.) This is more to keep me honest. My child loved to be nekked, so the hassle of putting winter clothes on her, particularly as she’s peeling them off as fast as I put them on her, is usually just too much for me. But being outside is so good for her and I want to do anything I can to get her away from a screen. Alas, no. I’ll keep working on it.
- Go to counseling. Again, this is to keep me honest. I’ve been needing some help and keep putting it off. I did and it was okay. She gave me some book suggestions and I’ve started some other projects, and I think I’m alright.
Write 52 stories. So one a week. They’ll be short and they’ll go on here. Just some little stories to get my creativity going and keep writing.
- Set Jiu-Jitsu goals. My purple belt husband has been telling me for the past year to set small goals for myself in Jitz and work towards those. Sometimes I do, and I want to do it more. Be more focused on it. I just earned my first stripe a few weeks ago, and can see this being a life-long craft. At first I didn’t think I had done it, but upon reflection, I realize I have. They’re nothing glamorous, but small things like “Don’t tap.” or “Get out of side control.” It helps.
Stayed tuned for 2020 goals.