The other day, I wrote about not liking or ever setting New Year’s resolutions. What i like to do instead is to create a list of things I would like to see/do/experience over the next year.
This post is the 2015 version of the 36/36 challenge in which I create a list of things I would like to see/do/experience, one for every week of the year.
I tried to do a 52/52 challenge, but, as a first time expecting mother, I know my LIFEWILLCHANGEANDNOSLEEPSOREBOOBSCRYINGLOVECHAOSIHAVENOIDEA.
Since I have no idea how life will change after Wee One arrives, this is the start of the 51/51 challenge, though I fully expect to add as the year goes on.
I invite others to join me in this or a variation of it! For example, a 12/12 challenge (one for every month) or a 4/4 challenge (one for every season). A 365/365 challenge is ambitious, but who am I to say you can’t do it?!
Write in the comments or link your list up to this one, and we can cheer each other on!
1. Bicycle 52 miles in one month.
2. Take a trip (not to a Renaissance Faire).
3. Leave current job.
4. Have a child. (This one is kind of a gimme, ’cause it’ll happen no matter what, but still. 🙂
5. Learn how to play Magic.
6. Get a sewing machine.
7. Get to Level 27 in League of Legends.
8. Set up Etsy shop or other means of selling wares
9. Develop this blog, as measured by getting to 175 followers.
10. Post five days a week for four weeks.
11. Redo the apartment
12. Teach about crocheting at the renaissance fair.
13. Get some new clothes (From 52 challenges for Rookie Mom’s)
14. Get my hair wrapped again.
15. Grow an herb in addition to basil
16. Use food dehydrator
17. Complete 10 pencil drawings (can include doodles 🙂 (0/10)
18. Sew a leine for next year’s Renaissance Faire garb
19. Build up the Alba Garrison blog and pinterest boards
20. Develop a way to preserve Wee One’s memories.
21. Write five flash fiction stories (0/5)
22. Read 20 fiction books.
23. Go to farmer’s market three times.
1. Breastfeed (try it)
2. Go to zoo (From 52 challenges for Rookie Mom’s)
3. Go to farmer’s market with Wee One (From 52 challenges for Rookie Mom’s)
4. Go to Fabric Store with Wee One (From 52 challenges for Rookie Mom’s)
5. Go to library with Wee One (From 52 challenges for Rookie Mom’s)
6. Go to grocery store with Wee One. (From 52 challenges for Rookie Mom’s)
7. Get through a Faire day with Wee One
8. Make something for baby/baby’s room.
9.. Visit with a friend at least once a month (0/12) (From 52 challenges for Rookie Mom’s)
10. Do yoga, preferably with the Wee One, at least five times (0/5) (From 52 challenges for Rookie Mom’s)
11. Try a freezer meal for the crockpot
12. Make baby food at least four times (0/4)
13. Hike 5 new trails (0/5)
14. Play her music using my wooden or regular flute.
15. Go for walk during March (the first full month after Wee One is born.)
16. Get a coffee by myself.
17. Go out with Cohiba and Wee One
18. Take a nap with Cohiba and Wee One.
19. Meditate for mental health two times a month.
20. Draw Wee One
26. Write a new 52/52 challenge for next year!